More than a resource: A virtuous cycle.
We develop and produce sustainable biopolymer compounds made from plant-based renewable resources. As a world leader in fully biodegradable materials, our GMO-free and plasticiser-free products return to their source to complete the natural life cycle that ends where it begins.
Facts and figures
As leaders in the biopolymer industry, we’re proud of how far we’ve come and the products that we’ve made possible. A few facts about our company:
Part of the biological cycle
The cycle of nature is the best possible recycling system we can have. Making advanced biopolymer compounds for products that live in that cycle is our goal. And by diverting biomass waste to composting, we’re able to greatly reduce the CO2 footprint.
- Growing non-food GMO-free crops to harvest their starch and sugars for our biopolymer compounds.
- Refinement of starches and sugars for their use as a raw material in further processing.
- Processing of natural biopolymer compounds into granules for converters.
- Conversion of biopolymer compounds into a variety of finished goods.
- The used goods are returned to the natural cycle through home and industrial composting.
- The compost is used to grow new crops and the regenerative cycle begins anew.
Smart solutions from innovative minds
Our team’s potential is greater than the sum of its members and through research, field work and business know-how, we’re bringing new kinds of biopolymers to life. Get to know the talents that make up our team.
- Christian EnxingProcurement and Supply Chain Manager
- Remy JongboomDirector Business Development and Product Innovation
- Stefan BarotCEO
- Maximilian DusslingProcess Technician
- Claudia HeldCompliance Manager
- Marisa ScherschenewitzManager Customer Service and Sales & Marketing
Our commitment to the climate is a foundation for our company, our products, and our philosophy. It guides our plans and our decisions – and it starts here at home.
Climate-neutral electricity to run both our offices and our production facilities
Employees travel with train whenever possible and are provided with company bicycles
Plans in progress for alternative and renewable energy sources e.g., installation of solar panels
Associations & Memberships
We believe that cooperation and collaboration in the industry will ensure the future of advanced biopolymer compounds by innovating new resources by concepts for the circular economy. For this reason, Biotec acts as a transformative force and an educational leader within the industry.
- Holland Bioplastics
- Verbund kompostierbare Produkte e.V.
- European Bioplastics e.V.
- IK – Industrievereinigung Kunststoffverpackungen e.V.
- kunststoffland NRW e.V.
- Förderverein Hochschule Rhein-Waal e.V., Kleve
At Biotec, we offer a broad range of materials and services that enable our customers to create solutions using biodegradable and compostable biopolymer compounds for their products.
Using our range of smart solutions and extensive knowledge, our highly qualified specialists work closely with customers on the development of new products.
Our team’s aim is to adapt our existing products to improve the processing at our customers’ production site.
Our new and existing customers receive technical support to start them up or our application specialists assist them when implementing a new grade
Now we want to hear from you
Interested in biopolymer solutions and how they’re shaping tomorrow’s products? We’re here to discuss the possibilities with you.